Colorado Springs CO
Permits, Routing & Escorts
Colorado Springs CO Oversize Permits & Escort Information
WE ARE NOT A PERMIT SERVICE NOR DO WE ARRANGE PERMITS FOR CARRIERS. THIS IS STRICTLY JUST FOR INFORMATIONAL PURPOSES. WE DO NOT ENSURE THE ACCURACY OF THE BELOW INFORMATION SO BE SURE TO READ YOUR PERMIT SHEETS CAREFULLY!
Note: For state regulations, see Colorado OD Regulations
Weight and Dimension Restrictions
Oversize and overweight vehicles are required to have the appropriate permits to travel on the roadways in Colorado Springs. A single, annual, and/or house move permit is required if the lengths, heights, and/or weights of a vehicle exceed the legal load and size limits listed below. For additional requirements that may prevail governing specific length, height, width, and weight please see Colorado Revised Statutes § 42-4-501 through 42-4-512.
Legal Load and Size Limits on City Streets
Weights are total gross weights of vehicle plus load.
Please note: Weights cannot exceed existing weight limitations.
- Maximum Weight on any one axle (with low pressure tires): 20,000 pounds;
- Maximum Gross Weight of Single Vehicle with two axles: 36,000 pounds;
- Maximum Gross Weight of Single Vehicle with three or more axles: 54,000 pounds;
- W = 1,000 (L+40), W=the gross weight in pounds, L=the length in feet between the centers of the first and last axles of such vehicles or combination of vehicles, but in computation of the first and last axles of such vehicles or combination of vehicles, but in computation of this formula no gross vehicle weight shall exceed 85,000 pounds;
- Maximum Height (Total distance from ground to top part of load): 13’0″;
- Maximum Width: 8’6″;
- Maximum Length of any Single Vehicle: 45’0″;
- Maximum Length of any Combination of Vehicle: 70’0″
For more details and permit application form see https://coloradosprings.gov/public-works/page/oversizeoverweight-load-permits
Below is a list of the cities and where to find their updated permits
The following pages provide links to the city's general guidelines for oversize permits and escorts for over dimensional/heavy haul shipping. City regulations are subject to change. If you find something incorrect let us know and we will verify and update the page accordingly.
Click on the cities below for links to the city's guidelines for permitting oversize loads and escorts for over dimensional / heavy haul shipping. These regulations are subject to change for each state. If something doesn't look correct, give us a shout and let us know so we can property update the page.