Waukegan Illinois Oversize Permits & Escort Information
WE ARE NOT A PERMIT SERVICE NOR DO WE ARRANGE PERMITS FOR CARRIERS. THIS IS STRICTLY JUST FOR INFORMATIONAL PURPOSES. WE DO NOT ENSURE THE ACCURACY OF THE BELOW INFORMATION SO BE SURE TO READ YOUR PERMIT SHEETS CAREFULLY!
Note: For state regulations, see Illinois OD Regulations
Weight and Dimension Restrictions
The City of Waukegan requires Overweight and Oversize truck permits for any vehicle or combination vehicle that exceeds the following weight or size.
- Gross Vehicle Weight – 80,000 pounds;
- Tandem Axle – 34,000 pounds;
- Single Axle – 20,000 pounds;
- Any weights exceeding the Federal Bridge Law formula.
- Width – 8’6″;
- Height – 13’6″;
- Length (Semi tractor, Trailer) – 55′;
- Length (Truck-Trailer) – 60′;
- Length (Single Vehicle) – 42′.
For Truck Route Map and the City of Waukegan Permit Requirements see https://www.waukeganweb.net/index.aspx?nid=268