Kansas Mobile Home Transport Regulations

Laws On Moving Oversize Manufactured Buildings by State

Kansas Manufactured Homes Moving



Kansas Turnpike 

Written permits are not required for the movement of oversize loads on the Kansas Turnpike. However, due to the size and configuration of some loads, prior approval is required from the Chief Engineer/General Manager or the Turnpike Highway Patrol Commander before such vehicles and/or loads can be moved or transported on the Kansas Turnpike.

Mobile Homes

a. Mobile homes up to 12 feet – 6 inches in width may be moved day or night.

b. Mobile homes over 12 feet – 6 inches in width, and up to and including 14 feet in width may be moved only during daylight hours.

c. The movement of mobile homes over 14 feet in width will be limited to daylight hours, Monday through Thursday between the hours of 8:30 a.m. and 4:30 p.m.. Additionally, the movement of such mobile homes on the Kansas Turnpike must be concluded by noon on any day preceding a legal holiday. At least one escort vehicle is required to accompany the movement of mobile homes over 14 feet in width on the Kansas Turnpike.

d. Overall length will be allowed up to and including 119 feet.

e. All mobile homes must be towed by a truck-tractor specifically designed and equipped to tow mobile homes. Towing of more than one mobile home at any one time will not be permitted.

f. All movement of mobile homes must comply with the Kansas Department of Transportation Rules and Regulations regarding flags, lights, signing, and insurance requirements.

Permits for oversize and overweight vehicles

A housetrailer, manufactured home or mobile home which exceeds the width as provided in subsection (a) of K.S.A. 8-1902, and amendments thereto, may be moved on the highways of this state by obtaining a permit as provided in this section, if:

(1) The width of such housetrailer, manufactured home or mobile home does not exceed 16 feet, 6 inches;

(2) the driver of the vehicle pulling the housetrailer, manufactured home or mobile home has a valid driver’s license; and

(3) the driver carries evidence that the housetrailer, manufactured home or mobile home, and the vehicle pulling it, are covered by motor vehicle liability insurance with limits of not less than $100,000 for injury to any one person, and $300,000 for injury to persons in any one accident, and $25,000 for injury to property.

For the purposes of this subsection, the terms “manufactured home” and “mobile home” shall have the meanings ascribed to them by K.S.A. 58-4202, and amendments thereto.

Source of information: http://rvpolicy.kdor.ks.gov/Pilots/Ntrntpil/IPILv1x0.NSF/096c1b27db592ec886256524007f5233/adaeb2e00825ac29862565590054381d

Below is a list of states and their oversize regulations

Click on the states below for links to the state's guidelines for hauling oversize manufactured building. These regulations are subject to change for each state. If something doesn't look correct, give us a shout and let us know so we can property update the page.


Titan provides solutions customized to meet your needs

Understanding your requirements and objectives is important to us. We listen and work together to create a truly successful supply chain.

Request an oversize quote

What can we do for you? Find out more!

Lets Get Started