Carpentersville Illinois Oversize Permits & Escort Information
WE ARE NOT A PERMIT SERVICE NOR DO WE ARRANGE PERMITS FOR CARRIERS. THIS IS STRICTLY JUST FOR INFORMATIONAL PURPOSES. WE DO NOT ENSURE THE ACCURACY OF THE BELOW INFORMATION SO BE SURE TO READ YOUR PERMIT SHEETS CAREFULLY!
Note: For state regulations, see Illinois OD Regulations
Weight and Dimension Restrictions
The Village of Carpentersville with respect to roadways under its jurisdiction requires permits for trucks that exceed the following weight or sizes.
- Gross Vehicle Weight – 80,000 pounds;
- Tandem Axle – 34,000 pounds;
- Single Axle – 20,000 pounds;
- Any weights exceeding the Federal Bridge Law formula.
- Width – 8’6″;
- Height – 13’6″;
- Length (Semi tractor, Trailer) – 55′;
- Length (Truck-Trailer) – 60′;
- Length (Single Vehicle) – 42′.
For General and Special City of Carpentersville Permit Provisions see https://www.cville.org/Reference-Desk/Forms,-Applications-and-Document/OverweightSizeInstructions.aspx