Santa Clara California Oversize Permits & Escort Information
WE ARE NOT A PERMIT SERVICE NOR DO WE ARRANGE PERMITS FOR CARRIERS. THIS IS STRICTLY JUST FOR INFORMATIONAL PURPOSES. WE DO NOT ENSURE THE ACCURACY OF THE BELOW INFORMATION SO BE SURE TO READ YOUR PERMIT SHEETS CAREFULLY!
Note: For state regulations, see California OD Regulations
Weight and Dimension Restrictions
To transport wide loads or oversize loads on City streets, a wide or oversized load permit is required. You may apply by using the Special Transportation Permit form (see below) or you may apply, in person, in the Traffic Division of the Engineering Department at City Hall.
Trucks over 3-tons are not allowed on the following streets, unless making local deliveries/pickup or for construction purposes:
- Benton Street, between Lincoln Street and Lafayette Street;
- Bowers Avenue, between El Camino Real and Mead Avenue;
- De La Cruz Boulevard, between Aldo Avenue and Montague Expressway;
- Homestead Road, between Lincoln Street and Lafayette Street;
- Lafayette Street, south of El Camino Real;
- Poplar Street;
- Pruneridge Avenue, west of Lawrence Expressway.
- Trucks over 14.0 feet in height are not allowed to cross under the upper level bridge of De La Cruz tri-level structure;
- Trucks over 14.8 feet in height are not allowed to cross under the middle level bridge of De La Cruz tri-level structure;
- Trucks over 15.2 feet in height are not allowed on Lafayette Street, between Reed Street and El Camino Real;
- Trucks over 15.3 feet in height are not allowed on Bowers Avenue, between Chromite Drive and Mead Avenue;
- Truck over 16.8 feet in height are not allowed on Lafayette Street, between Laurel wood Road and Aldo Avenue.
See City of Santa Clara’s official website http://santaclaraca.gov/government/departments/community-development/building-division/permits/permits-fees/special-transportation-permit-oversize-load