Texas Mobile Home Transport Regulations

Laws On Moving Oversize Manufactured Buildings by State

Texas Manufactured Homes Moving



Single Trip Permit 

TxDMV issues a single-trip permit for the movement of manufactured housing or industrialised buildings/housing exceeding Texas legal size limits when transported on any returnable undercarriage or temporary chassis system.

Single-trip manufactured housing permits may only be used for one movement, during the times specified on the permit (not to exceed five days), from a specific point of origin to a specific destination.

• You may not transport manufactured housing on the following holidays: New Year’s Day, Memorial Day, Independence Day, Labor Day, Thanksgiving Day and Christmas Day.

• Each section of a multi-section manufactured home requires its own permit.

• You must obtain a General Single-Trip Permit to haul a stack of manufactured housing frames.

• Manufactured housing exceeding legal gross, axle or axle group weights must obtain a General Single-Trip Permit.

In the case of a double-wide manufactured house, moving on its own set of axles, each half requires a permit. To move the double-wide manufactured house as one unit on a set of house moving dollies requires a permit for a house move.

TxDOT considers any returnable undercarriage, temporary chassis system, or a single manufactured house frame to be component parts. For that reason, they qualify for a manufactured housing permit. A stack of manufactured housing frames requires a regular oversize permit, which costs $60. The applicant must have Texas Motor Carrier Registration or Unified Carrier Registration or must have a current bond on file. The stacked load must not exceed legal height or weight. The bottom frame or transporter must have either a regular Texas trailer license, or a 72/144-hour temporary vehicle registration.

Annual Permit 

A manufactured housing annual permit is for the transportation of a manufactured house from a manufacturing facility to a temporary storage location, not to exceed 20 miles from the point of manufacture.

Fee: $1,500


The width of a manufactured house includes any roof or eaves extension or overhang on either side. The height extends from the roadbed to the highest point of the manufactured house. The overall combined length of the manufactured house and the towing vehicle includes the length of the hitch or towing device. The weight must be legal.

Source of information: https://www.txdmv.gov/oversize-weight-permits/manufactured-housing-single-trip


Below is a list of states and their oversize regulations

Click on the states below for links to the state's guidelines for hauling oversize manufactured building. These regulations are subject to change for each state. If something doesn't look correct, give us a shout and let us know so we can property update the page.


Titan provides solutions customized to meet your needs

Understanding your requirements and objectives is important to us. We listen and work together to create a truly successful supply chain.

Request an oversize quote

What can we do for you? Find out more!

Lets Get Started